The 16 biggest online shopping events across the world every retailer needs to know about infographic
21 Nov, 2018
If you’re an online retailer, it won’t surprise you to learn that not all shopping days are equal. There are some days that you can rely on to be busy – such as the lead up to big holidays like Christmas, Chinese New Year and Diwali. And others when sales will always predictably lag.
Wouldn’t it be good if you could plan your calendar around these days, and make sure you have campaigns (and enough stock!) ready to take full advantage of the most popular shopping peaks throughout the year?
That’s what we thought. So we started researching the biggest online shopping days across the world. When are customers most motivated to buy? How much are they spending? And what are they spending it on?
The results of our research is a comprehensive infographic featuring the biggest global shopping peaks every year that online retailers need to know about.
We feature everything from China’s increasingly popular Singles Day and the now infamous Black Friday and Cyber Monday, to lesser widely known shopping holidays, such as El Buen Fin and Blue Monday.
But it’s not just a list of the biggest dates – we explore some of the psychology and habits of shoppers’ spending, so you can plan more accurate campaigns to maximise your sales, and make sure you don’t miss out on any opportunities.
Here’s a taste of some of the insights you’ll learn from our peak shopping days infographic:
- The two biggest shopping dates for Valentine’s gifts
- The top purchases made during Ramadan
- Why Green Monday’s days may soon be numbered
- The big purchase people make to cheer themselves up on Blue Monday
- Which gender spends more on their mothers (and buys on impulse)
- Which two minutes are the most valuable on Singles Day
- The busiest retail month in India
- Why Christmas Day is now outstripping Boxing Day for online sales
- The peak shopping times on Christmas Day
To discover these insights and much more, take a look at our infographic featuring the 16 biggest online shopping events across the world.